Poste Italiane confirms the effectiveness of its sustainability strategy benefitting all stakeholders
key achievements in the quarter:
- Poste Italiane confirms its leadership in ESG policies by ranking in the Advanced category in Moody’s Analytics’ ESG overall score for the second year running, with a score of 79 out of 100, two points higher than in the previous edition. Poste Italiane also consolidated its AA rating by Morgan Stanley Capital International (MSCI).
- Poste Italiane obtains the prestigious platinum medal from EcoVadis, which evaluates the sustainability of companies along the supply chain, and further improves its position from last year’s Gold medal by placing within the top 1% of companies with the highest score globally.
- Poste Italiane obtains the UNI/PdR 125:2022 certification, an accreditation outlined in the National Recovery and Resilience Plan (PNRR), for its ability to guarantee gender equality in the workplace. Poste Italiane has attained an overall score of 96% (compared to the minimum requirement of 60%), thanks to outstanding results in the six major areas under assessment: culture and strategy, governance, staff processes (HR), opportunities for the growth and inclusion of women in the company, gender pay equity, protection of parenthood and reconciliation of work-life. For Italy’s first employer, this recognition further affirms the robustness of the Group’s ESG strategy, particularly in the Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) pillar.
- Progressing Poste Italiane’s Polis project aimed at promoting economic, social, and territorial cohesion in 7,000 Italian municipalities with less than 15,000 inhabitants. Since its launch at the beginning of the year, renovation works have been completed in 565 post offices to ensure citizens have access to key Public Administration services. Currently INPS (Italy’s public welfare institution) services, civil and judicial certificates are already available to citizens.
- The second edition of “Insieme-24SI”, the Poste Italiane’s people engagement initiative, awarded the top three projects presented by internal teams, out of more than 640 ideas proposed to contribute to the execution of Group’s ESG Strategy.
Poste Italiane has won the “Premio Impatto” award, an initiative promoted by the CSR and Social Innovation Fair (Salone della CSR e dell’Innovazione Sociale), Italy’s main event dedicated to corporate social responsibility. Poste Italiane has been recognised for the social and environmental value of its fleet renewal program, as well as the company’s ability to integrate sustainability into the investment planning process. With the aim of reducing CO2 emissions, Poste Italiane has committed to replacing the entire vehicle fleet by 2024, introducing 27,800 environmentally friendly models. At the end of September, the fleet consisted of approximately 25,200 low-emission vehicles, of which about 5,300 are electric.